[Fusionforge-general] Modify type file_size on frs_file

Jose Angel Diaz joseangel.diaz at cenatic.es
Mon Jun 2 11:40:20 CEST 2014

Hi Sylvain

 I have made this steps and now it doesn't affect to the platform:

fusionforge=# DROP VIEW frs_file_vw;
DROP VIEW

fusionforge=# ALTER TABLE frs_file ALTER COLUMN file_size TYPE bigint;
ALTER TABLE
 file_size    | bigint  | not null valor por omisión 0

fusionforge=# CREATE VIEW frs_file_vw AS SELECT frs_file.file_id,
frs_file.filename, frs_file.release_id, frs_file.type_id,
frs_file.processor_id, frs_file.release_time, frs_file.file_size,
frs_file.post_date, frs_filetype.name AS filetype, frs_processor.name AS
processor, frs_dlstats_filetotal_agg.downloads FROM frs_filetype,
frs_processor, frs_file LEFT JOIN frs_dlstats_filetotal_agg ON
frs_dlstats_filetotal_agg.file_id = frs_file.file_id WHERE
frs_filetype.type_id = frs_file.type_id AND frs_processor.processor_id =
frs_file.processor_id;

fusionforge=#\d frs_file_vw
      Vista «public.frs_file_vw»
   Columna    |  Tipo   | Modificadores
--------------+---------+---------------
 file_id      | integer |
 filename     | text    |
 release_id   | integer |
 type_id      | integer |
 processor_id | integer |
 release_time | integer |
 file_size    | bigint  |
 post_date    | integer |
 filetype     | text    |
 processor    | text    |
 downloads    | integer |
Definición de vista:
 SELECT frs_file.file_id, frs_file.filename, frs_file.release_id,
frs_file.type_id, frs_file.processor_id, frs_file.release_time,
frs_file.file_size, frs_file.post_date, frs_filetype.name AS filetype,
frs_processor.name AS processor, frs_dlstats_filetotal_agg.downloads
   FROM frs_filetype, frs_processor, frs_file
   LEFT JOIN frs_dlstats_filetotal_agg ON frs_dlstats_filetotal_agg.file_id
= frs_file.file_id
  WHERE frs_filetype.type_id = frs_file.type_id AND
frs_processor.processor_id = frs_file.processor_id;

When i have DROPPED the view the forge works on the file section perfectly,
 Where is the frs_file_vw used from?

Thanks!!

Enviado con MailTrack
<https://mailtrack.io/install?source=signature&lang=es&referral=joseangel.diaz@cenatic.es&idSignature=23>

> [...]
> futture mod. In the new environments the systems demands more and more
> biggest files and could be interesting to have implemented this on FF. The
> example of the virtual machines uploaded for deploy a source project it's
> clearly.
>
>  What is the manner of work with the use_manual_uploads?  I don't have
> worked with it...
>
>  On which directory goes the bigfile? /var/fusionforge/download/GROUP??
>
>  Must we have to introduce the filesize on this manner or evade to check
> this point?
>
>  Do we need to register manually this kind of file?
>
> Thanks a lot!!
>

> Enviado con MailTrack
> <https://mailtrack.io/install?source=signature&lang=es&referral=joseangel.diaz@cenatic.es&idSignature=23>

> sylvain.beucler at inria.fr>:
>
>  Hi,
>>
>> In your situation I'd recommend to upload using the group's "incoming"
>> directory (use_manual_uploads = yes).
>>
>> Aside from that, if you want to support 64-bit file size, the limitation
>> may come from a lot of different places.
>> I believe FusionForge itself will work with your DB change, but you need
>> to test :)
>>
>> - Sylvain
>>
>> Le 02/06/2014 11:04, Jose Angel Diaz a écrit :
>>
>> Hi Sylvain
>>
>>   We have a 5.2 Forge.
>>
>>   For this kind of special 'large' files we have a handwork to do in
>> manual mode.
>>
>>   We upload a dummy file with 0 kb to make the database changes
>>
>>   We upload the new file to
>> the :/var/lib/fusionforge/download/Project/doc/version
>>
>>  Then we make the postgresql in manual manner:
>>
>>   UPDATE frs_file set file_size=790973396 WHERE file_id=xyz
>>
>>  On this way the fusionforge don't  make any truncate file, in the
>> apache side the download size it's increased.
>>
>>   The big problem today its the file_size, in a new environment with
>> virtualmachines for testing the file_size on this column is obsolete
>>
>>  I've been watching the table and the view and initially i'm going to
>> make this changes:
>>
>>   Create a copy of the view frs_file_vw
>>  Drop the view frs_file_vw
>>  Alter column frs_file:file_size
>>  Create a new view with frs_file_vw attributtes
>>
>>  My big question is the internal fusionforge management of this view,
>> apparently this change doesn't affect the content, but i don't know about
>> the frs management.
>>
>>  Regards!!

>> sylvain.beucler at inria.fr>:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Le 30/05/2014 14:13, Jose Angel Diaz a écrit :
>>>
>>>  Hi!!

>>>  It seems like a good idea.
>>> I'd like to understand better the problem though:
>>> - What is your FusionForge version?
>>> - Where do you get a problem: can you upload a large file? If yes, can
>>> you download that large file, or is it truncated?
>>>

>>>  Could it affects to the fusionforge performance?
>>>>

>>>  The files are stored on disk, so I think not :)

Correo Corporativo Fundación Cenatic

Este email ha sido enviado desde una plataforma perteneciente a la
Fundación Cenatic

Cualquier duda o modificacion contactar con Fundación Cenatic
+34 924 67 73 16
info at cenatic.es