[Fusionforge-general] Interfacing with the MediaWiki API ?

Olivier Berger olivier.berger at telecom-sudparis.eu
Wed Mar 12 18:57:26 CET 2014

Hi.

Has anyone attempted to interface with the MediaWiki API of the wikis
hosted on fusionforges ?

I'm trying with simple examples which rapidly bring me to the need to
log-in through the API... but I'm not sure the auth system is useable
there :-/

When I use the 'login' API action with the capitalized wiki username, I
will first get the NeedToken result as expected, but when I re-try with
the provided token (following the protocol guidelines [0]), I get a
WrongPass result :-/

Anyone knows how the mediawiki authentication works in the integration
for fusionforge, and could give hints on how to use the login action of
the API ?

For the records, I'm trying to implement a wiki importer for FusionForge
in Python, which could work together with a TWiki exporter I'm also
working on.

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards,

[0] http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/API:Login