[Fusionforge-general] New proposal by Dionysis: Project import/export for Alioth (FusionForge)

Dionysios Fryganas dfryganas at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 20:20:35 CET 2014

Hello,

On 24/03/2014 12:01 ??, beuc at debian.org wrote:
> Hi,

>> I  have been trying to set-up the VM, but I run into some minor issues.
>>
>> My CPU doesn't support virtualization for 64-bit systems, so I had
>> to find a different PC to run it.
>> Other than that, I managed to set it up properly (I think), the
>> "install.sh" script didn't work out of the box,
> What was the problem?
> As you saw this is the newcomer entry point, so better fix than work-around.

The problem is that the local repository that is created is empty, thus
the "fusionforge-full" and "gforge-db-postgresql" packages cannot be
found when trying to install them.

This originates from the build script.
After running "update.sh", the build script is updated and the error
occurs from a command on line 80 (the one below).

dch --newversion $(dpkg-parsechangelog | sed -n 's/^Version:
\([0-9.]\+\(\~rc[0-9]\)\).*/\1/p')+$(date +%Y%m%d%H%M)-1 --distribution
local --force-distribution "Autobuilt."

The '+' sign that is intended to append the date to the result of "sed",
is getting printed in front of the date output as part of the version
number.
This generates a warning when running the build script, but the script
continues execution, so it's easy to miss it and then, if you run the
"install.sh" script it will fail to execute at line 40.

My fix was:

  *    run the update script

  *    remove the plus '+' operator from the build script (above command)

  *    then run the build script

Was I the only on that had this error?
What should I do to let others know about it?
>> and I had to include the deb and deb-src sources manually, as stated
>> here: https://fusionforge.org/plugins/mediawiki/wiki/fusionforge/index.php/Installing/DebianRepositories#5.2_Build
>> Except that I have a working development environment and I also
>> played around with it a bit.
> Good (even though this version is roughly 1y1/2 old).
> So what do your first feelings with FusionForge?

>> So far I haven't contributed to free software, although my
>> internship's project was / is open source.
> What project is it? :)

The company I had my internship at, offers a service that uses an
open-source database called 6PP that holds all the postcode information
for Netherlands and Belgium. The database information can be consumed
via a REST API, provided by the company.

My task was to create a plugin for Joomla and one for Wordpress that
would ease the integration of the service for these platforms and allow
less technically experienced users to use it with their web stores.
I also maintained the plugins that people contributed to the company for
different platforms.
You can find more details about it here:
http://www.pro6pp.nl/demo/autocomplete/demo