[Fusionforge-general] On packaging Mediawiki 1.23 for Debian jessie, but not wheezy

Thorsten Glaser t.glaser at tarent.de
Wed Oct 1 11:50:38 CEST 2014

On Wed, 1 Oct 2014, Sylvain Beucler - Inria wrote:

> I'm talking to you as a FusionForge contributor.
> There's no "you're free" or "your choice", it's "we/our", you included.
> So what do you mean?

Ah. In this case:

I think that, if we say FF x.y supports distro version z,
then it should support that, period.

> I mean from the user PoV, they already got an unexpected stable-release change
> with the rebuilding of SCM stats, so I'll be careful about introducing a new
> MediaWiki.

Right, but the new Mediawiki will almost certainly be coming
in Debian jessie, so if FF 5.3 wishes to be part of Debian
jessie, it either must work with it or disable the Mediawiki
plugin for that.

As I said, it’s not far-fetched to add a Debian jessie-local
patch to FF 5.3 adding MW 1.23 support.

bye,
//mirabilos
--