[Fusionforge-general] feature of notification email to non registered users of tracker updates.

Roland Mas lolando at debian.org
Thu Jul 16 09:52:09 CEST 2015

Nitendra Tripathi, 2015-07-15 17:24:54 +0530 :

> Dear ListMembers,

  Hello :-)

> We want to know that is there any feature in fusionforge through which
> the non registered users can be notified regarding a particular
> tracker item's update.

  I don't think this feature exists in FusionForge, and the mechanism
for notifications and monitoring is rather tightly tied to user
accounts.

> For our certain requirement we want that a non registered user can get
> monitoring emails a particular tracker item(artifact).

  The closest you can get with the current code is that you configure
the tracker with an email address, and check the "send email for all
changes" box.  That will trigger an email for every creation or
modification of any tracker item in the tracker.  If the email address
points at a mailing list, the notifications can end in several addresses
later on.  And if you want to restrict the notifications to just one
ticket, then make the email address point at a script that only forwards
some of the emails, based on subject for instance.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Indépendant en informatique libre -- Free software freelance
http://www.gnurandal.com/